Saturday, May 16, 2015

Houses, Houses...My Head is Spinning

Our agent showed me four homes yesterday and 6 homes today. I think I am officially overwhelmed. 

We haven't been through the home buying process since 2008 and it has changed. They have internet "portals" now with live MLS listing updates. They do a lot of texting and a lot of electronic signatures. Gone are the days of sitting down in the agent's office and being shown the contract carefully. Now it's emailed. And we have to go over ourselves. Terrible way to buy and sell something as important as a home. 

What I'm having trouble with is trying to choose between our priorities, because not every home hits all the criteria.  There is always a mix of them with some omitted... great location, great kitchen, great yard, great condition, good layout, master 5 pc bath, storage space/unfinished basement, garage space, etc.

When a house is missing one or more of these features, my mind starts doing loopty-loops trying to reconcile which combination would work best: 

do we want to live further out in an awesome house or closer in with a lesser one?  
Do we want to pay top dollar to get more square footage and have a dreamy back yard but sacrifice newer flooring and trim? 

Do we want to have a formal dining room but have the laundry in a dark unfinished basement? My biggest dislike is having laundry in a basement. I mean, what kind of architect thought that homemakers — or anyone — would enjoy trudging up and down one or two flights of stairs to a basement while carrying mounds of laundry... multiple times per week?  They had to be out of their minds. So when I see laundry in a dreary, dark basement, I cringe. It's almost an instant loser.

So this afternoon, my head started aching with all the decisions to be made. 

The only one I keep dreaming of is the one I showed you yesterday with the dreamy kitchen. Everything about it just sends me into a tizzy of dreamy excitement at the thought that it might actually be ours to live in and enjoy.  

They are supposed to make a decision today. 

And I'm on pins and needles. 

We threw in a last ditch effort at getting it this afternoon with my husband offering to give them $2500 in carpentry services on their next home. 

That house also has the laundry room upstairs by the four bedrooms. 
Swoon


And a 5 pc master bath with soaking tub and separate shower. (And private toilet room.)
Double swoon.



And a dreamy little fountain pond in the lush and private backyard. There is much more to the yard, but this is the only picture available. 


And this is the adorable and charming dining area adjacent the kitchen. 
So bright and cheery. I love that it has a regular glass door to the back yard instead of a sliding glass door. 



Yes, it's true.

Good or bad, I have fallen in love with this house! 

Even if we don't get it, I'm still shamelessly in love with it.

But...
I've also given it to God. 
I even picked out a runner up home (in the same neighborhood for $28,000 less) if this one should go to another. :-) 

Thank you so much for your prayers! 



6 comments:

DeNiece Barnes said...

Still sending up prayers my friend, that God will grant you your hearts desire.

Simply Keeping Home said...

DeNeice that means so much to me. Thank you for lifting up our need to the Lord. Can I pray fir about anything? You're a dear sister!

DeNiece Barnes said...

Yes you can and any of your commenters that know the word of prayer... Please pray that God will grant my husband and I to have another baby. We know it is the Lord's will but it is our hearts desire. We have five wonderful children and would like another. Our health is great but nothing is happening in seven months. ( no problem conceiving the others) But if The Lord see fit to not allow this to happen please continue to pray for our peace with this decision because we know that God's will is always what's best

Simply Keeping Home said...

I will be lifting up this prayer request to the Lord for you dear sister in Christ.
1 John 5:14-15 KJV
And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.


Alyson said...

What a beautiful home! I would be in love with it too hehe and I will be praying for the both of you! :) Good luck!!

Simply Keeping Home said...

Thank you for your prayers, Alyson!