Friday, May 15, 2015

Time for Flitterin'

I may not be around Blog Land much in the next couple of months because we are going to be moving soon. We've been looking at houses to buy for the last couple weeks and hope to be moved by the end of June. 

The property we've been leasing changed management and the new company refused to give us a month to month lease. So we either had to sign new a 12 month lease or give notice to be moved out by June 30th — whether we have somewhere to live or not. 

Fun times, right? :-)

So....I am trying to keep an even keel on this roller coaster ride of stress and emotion. It's a seller's market and it's hard not to feel panicky. 

I'm clinging to Psalm 127 —Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it.

My comfort and assurance is firmly planted in God. He is our provider. He can see the future and where we will be living, so I don't have to stress it. But I do find that this truth must be continually  communicated to my nerves!

Meanwhile, the reality of a seller's market skew the multiple factors that go into buying because of the small window of time. Kinda makes my makes my head spin. 

So I thought I'd show you some of the houses that we're choosing from this week (or maybe it's the other way around in this market!). Pray for us as you feel led!

This is the house I'm going to see today. 
It's also close to a freeway for my husband to zip out for work each day. 

 It has a private lake stocked annually with fish (for catch & release), 
community swimming pool, clubhouse and a beautiful neighborhood. 
The taxes are good, but the HOA fees are hefty. 



 This next house I toured with our agent yesterday and it was awesome. It's just a couple blocks from the other one and near to the freeway. What I love was the upstairs laundry room, 5 pc master and beautiful fenced yard with a big deck, professionally landscaped yard and little stone fountain/pond. We put an offer in last night and we'll know by tomorrow at 3p if we got it or not. Competition is high, but the Lord can do anything! 


With a big gorgeous kitchen with lots of storage, granite counters and upgraded appliances that stay. This one tugged at my heart when I saw it. It's only had one owner and they left a hand written note about how many happy memories they've had in the home and how awesome the neighbors are. There was also a little Red Robin nesting on the front porch light. I love this one. 


I'll update when I can and let you know if we got one of these or if we'll have to keep looking. 
Hope you have a blessed day in Christ!

9 comments:

April said...

Oh I am going through the same thing right now! Just trusting The Lord that he will provide and guide us. I'll be praying. Keep us updated as it will be nice to know someone is on a similar journey.

Simply Keeping Home said...

April, I feel for you! :) Thank you so much for your prayers! I will pray for your journey, too!

I went to the showing of the house I pictured first with HOA and lake and didn't like it all. It's so funny how you can love a house from the pictures and then once seeing it, completely change your mind! And vise versa.
The house we put an offer in on yesterday was one that I almost thought we should skip. Now I can hardly stop thinking about it and awesome it would be to live in it! :)
God bless and hope you find your home, soon, too. It's comforting to know God is guiding us each step of the way!

Jessica said...

Oh, I LOVE that kitchen! If I had that kitchen I'd spend all my time in it dancing and spinning in happy circles! :) I hope you get that one!

Simply Keeping Home said...

I love that imagery, Jessica! Indeed I think I would dance & spin, too! It's dreamy for sure. I'm on pins and needles waiting to see if the sellers accept our offer! It would be miraculous if they do because their price was at the tippy top of our budget and we couldn't offer a cent more.

DeNiece Barnes said...

I'm praying for you and your dear family. May God give you the home that is just for you. Like our father God says in his wonderful and awesome word "
Psalm 37:4New King James Version (NKJV)
Delight yourself also in the Lord,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart. Stand back and watch how God works. He is the truth and the light, our way maker.....I can't wait for you to update us all on God 's blessing for your family .be blessed my friend

Simply Keeping Home said...

Oh thank you for your prayers and that soothing scripture verse, DeNiece!!

The Peaceful Homemaker said...

I am also in the process of relocating and trusting God to lead us in the right direction. I'm looking forward to where he guides you all. I'll be sure to keep you in my prayers. :-)

Simply Keeping Home said...

Thank you so much Peaceful Homemaker! I am always amazed at how we can pray for one another and even though we're strangers, the Lord knows us by name and he knows who we're praying for. I will pray for your relocation, too! We are not relocating this time (as far as I know!) but I sure know what a HUGE deal it is. Very exciting, too. Are you buying/renting a home that you're going right into or staying in a hotel while you look? I told my husband that if we ever relocate again, I'd prefer to rent a month-to-month apartment right away while we house hunt. That would be much easier than hotel life! This time, we are looking to buy something in the same city we're living in. :)
God bless you!!

April said...

I am possibly relocating. Just waiting to see if my hubby gets his promotion so right now we are in limbo and if he gets it we have to move to another state and quick. My children are 6, 2.5 and months. Surprisingly relaxed about it though. I know God is going to lead us.