Sunday, May 17, 2015

We're Keepin' On

Thank you so much for your prayers for my family and our housing situation!

We got the news this morning that the house we wanted so badly went to a higher bidder. We sort of figured it would because this seller's market is absolutely crazy. It's like Black Friday and people are losing their minds to win the bid.  

My husband had the day off today and will be taking the next 2 days off as well, so that will ease the  pressure from me quite a bit. Our agent showed us four homes today and my husband and kids didn't like the one I liked. The rest were all at the top of our budget and will likely be involved in bidding wars, so I felt like they were a waste of time even viewing. 

It's amazing how many people have odorous homes. I'd say around at least half of the homes we see pump their homes full of air freshener to mask the odors. I always have to get out of those homes quickly because the toxic chemicals give me a headache.

So come along with me on my house hunting journey and I'll share some pictures of the homes we're looking at.

The runner up home I told you about is still available, amazingly enough!
And it has no odors, no air fresheners, and smells just normal. Like normal fresh air. This says so much about a home, to me. Especially one that we need to move right into with little time to fix up. The only problem is my husband and sons don't really like it. :(

It has a 3 car garage and good curb appeal. Pretty, right?



The back yard was lovely and green with sprinkler system and a great deck. Plenty of room to bbq and the rest of the yard has three big trees. I like it.


I could work with this kitchen (after repainting it).
It's got good cupboard space and a good "working triangle".


A cute powder - laundry


A display niche and real hardwood floors on the main floor. 

 It is also in a very nice neighborhood, which is important and just minutes away from some good friends. 

I think the mural throws my husband and sons for a loop, though.
But it's just paint that we can easily paint over.
It's a tri-level home, not our favorite style, but it is newer and in very good condition. 


What do you think of this one?

3 comments:

Courtney said...

I like it! You're right, just paint over all that teal and it'll be good as new! I'm sorry the house you wanted isn't going to work out. You've been in my thoughts and prayers. I can't wait to hear how all this turns out! Keep us posted!

Simply Keeping Home said...

Thank you for your prayers, Courtney!!

Jessica said...

I love it!