Growing Food

I'm excited to soon be growing some vegetables out on our back patio.  We have a very small back yard (thankful we have a yard at all, though!) and we decided that since we're renting, we don't want to dig up the ground and ruin the grass for a garden.  So my husband is going to build us a couple of raised planters out of natural wood.  They'll have feet so they'll be easy for me to care for without even bending over.  I'll try to post pictures when they're finished.


One thing I think I will plant on the side of the house where there is some beauty bark is pumpkins.  They vine out and take up so much room that they'll be too heavy for a container.  But I think they'll be pretty easy to grow and we won't have to dig up any grass - just clear a little spot where the beauty bark is, plant it and water it.  Come fall, I should have a nice patch of pumpkins for pies and front porch decorating!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Modesty Doesn't Mean Frumpy

How to Get Rid of Anxiety

Purging and Surging