How to Open a Pomegranate

Pomegranates are a great source of vitamin C, B5, fiber and they are also antioxidants and anti-viral.  But they are a pain to open!  Every time I've eaten a pomegranate it's a struggle to pick out all those little encased seeds.  Well I just learned an old Indian method to open one and I wanted to share it with you. It's a cinch!


How to Open a Pomegranate


Score the pomegranate crossways and wedge open with your knife. Break the halfs into quarters and then one at a time over a medium size bowl, hold each quarter, skin side up in the palm of one hand and hit the skin all over with the flat side of a wooden spoon with the other hand.  The seeds will fall out of the pods and into the bowl - all of them! 


This method has taken the dread out of pomegranates for me.  I am off to make a pomegranate smoothie for my family now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Modesty Doesn't Mean Frumpy

How to Get Rid of Anxiety

Dealing With Stress God's Way