When Your Homeschool Journey Comes to An End

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary last weekend and enjoyed dinner out and a cozy evening at home.  We actually went to bed early around 7pm and watched the same movie we saw in the theater on our honeymoon, Apollo 13. Thanks Netflix! :-)

Our sons watched Captain America downstairs with Vidangel. If you haven't heard of vidangel, it is awesome! Easy to use and it allows you to filter out the junk from streamed movies, all for a dollar.

Anyway, my husband and I had a lovely time on our date and tried not to talk about our kids. Funny how easy it is for conversation to flow right to them. We are in our final chapter of raising our kids and as a woman, I am geared by God to need discussion time. And nothing is on my mind more than children. I'm not sure if that's a good thing, but that's where I'm at. I want a good return on my investment. I pray for them a lot. A lot, a lot! But still, it was OUR night. Our anniversary is special and sacred so we tried to keep our conversation about our future dreams, where the future might take us, travels we might enjoy.

Our sons are now grown and my time of homeschooling has come to an end. It is a happy-sad feeling. Not having family around puts a greater weight on my husband and I to fill in all the blanks and get things right. We are doing okay and trying to focus on finishing well with our boys and learn what God is teaching us.

Different people have different energy levels, opportunities and support people, so rather than comparing my life to others, I try to find inspiration and information and then evaluate my productivity, levels of opportunity, energy, ability and avail-ability and do the best I can.

We are happy and grateful for the people and opportunities in our lives, and rolling with the changes in life is key to finishing well. Sometimes I think there should be a post-homeschool group for displaced homeschool moms. Maybe someday!

Where are you in your homeschool journey? If you've graduated yours, I'd love to hear how that transition went. What about the idea of a group for post-homeschool moms? Is that something you could see yourself starting or attending?

Hope you all have a blessed day!

Comments

Courtney Downs said…
I have a question... I am new to homeschooling (my kids are 7,5,4, and 2) and am wondering if you'd be willing to share any of your past experiences from your homeschooling journey that you regret and wish you'd done differently as well as some things that you're happy you chose and did as you did... Not here in comments but perhaps in a future post? I really love and appreciate learning from and getting advice from other moms. xo
Thanks for your comment Courtney. It may take me a while, but that's a great idea! I will be working on it :-)
God bless!

Popular posts from this blog

Modesty Doesn't Mean Frumpy

How to Get Rid of Anxiety

Purging and Surging