How to Get Rid of Anxiety

Have you noticed how much we're hearing about anxiety lately?  Soooo many people are expressing their battle with anxiety. I do not want to be insensitive to anyone's feelings. But I believe that labeling yourself with anxiety just means you don't understand God's immense and deep LOVE for you.

Feelings are temporal and they're centered on our perception, senses and thoughts. The good news is that God loves you SOOOO much and did the most amazing thing for you so that you can be FREE from anxiety and fear. Free from guilt and condemnation. Free from sin and free from the power of the Enemy.



Jesus said to his disciples, "Let not your heart be troubled." He would never tell them to do something they couldn't do. He understood and acknowledged that in this world they would have trouble. But then he said don't let your heart be troubled. Don't LET it. Don't allow it.

How is this possible? Well, trouble and anxiety are a result of information — whether you hear bad news, think or imagine something bad or something bad happens in your life. Then we judge whether that information is good or bad and whether we like it or not.

But wait...what if you have OTHER information? This is where God makes all the difference. God has given us his Word. Literally. As in when someone says, "I give you my word"? They are promising you something. Well that is what God has done. The Holy Bible is full of God's promises to all who believe.

The only person that can promise ANYTHING is God, because a promise is based on the future. The best that people can do is say they will try to do what they say they will do. Only God can say he will DEFINITELY do what he says he will do. This is why he instructs us to never promise anyone anything, but just let your yes be yes and your no be no. Because a promise involves the future and only God can see the future.

Okay back to anxiety.  When you familiarize yourself with God's promises, you will be filled with hope. When you focus and meditate on them you will be filled with confidence. When you believe them with all your heart, you will be transformed. Fear leaves because the light of God's love fills your heart. When you go in dark room and turn on the light, where does the dark go? Does it run? No, it's consumed by the light. God is a consuming fire and he's the ultimate, eternal, invincible HERO.

But there's a condition. You must believe.

Hebrews 11:6 — But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

So we must 1. believe that he is and 2. that he's a rewarder

I could hand you a glass of water, but I can't drink it for you. You have to drink (receive) it for yourself.

I can hand you the truth of God's promises that pertain to every true believer, but I can't believe them for you. You must believe them for yourself.

You must believe that
1. God is for you, not against you.
2. All of his promises are yes and amen. ALL of them!
3. His love for you is so immense and great that he was beaten beyond recognition  (Isaiah 52:14), suffered a horrific death and then descended into hell so he could make an open show of his triumphant and TOTAL DEFEAT of the enemy, the DECEIVER, the devil.
4. The devil is defeated.
5. You can partake in the Power of God in your own life.

Each time you believe truth and reject lies, your mind is being renewed. When your mind is renewed, you will react differently to the challenges of life. You will react differently to trouble. You will take the reigns of your emotions and find that they are under your control simply by what you believe.

I believe the devil has NO power over me. I believe that goodness and mercy — not evil and cruelty — will follow me all the days of my life.

I believe that NOTHING can pluck me from God's hand.

I know what it feels like to live in fear (been there done that!). And I know what it feels like to live in peace that passes all understanding. The peace is from knowing Jesus. Not knowing about him. Knowing him.

Comments

Courtney Downs said…
I’m SO happy to see you’re blogging again! Welcome back! Your new blog design is beautiful! Thank you for the wonderful reminders of God’s love for me!
Thank you Courtney!!! I was so happy to see your comment and glad you were blessed and reminded of God's love for you. It has been something on my mind a lot lately and I just had to write about it! I hope I can put up a few blog posts more regularly. God bless you!!

Popular posts from this blog

Modesty Doesn't Mean Frumpy

Purging and Surging