About Me


I am a born again, bible believing, free and forgiven follower of Jesus Christ.  

I believe the
sixty-six books of the King James Version, nothing added or deleted, constitute the whole of Scripture "given by inspiration of God" to English speaking people.

I believe in the pre-tribulational, pre-millennial rapture of the church, and the post-tribulational, pre-millennial return of Christ (1 Thess. 4:13 - 18; Mat. 24; Rev. 4:1 - 20:15).

I believe that the love of God was manifest in ONE act on the blood-stained cross of calvary where Jesus Christ paid for the sins of all humanity past and present. All sinners must "do" is believe on him. (John 6:28-29) as evidenced and represented by the two convicts on the crosses on either side of Jesus. The one believed and was saved (without water baptism). The other did not believe and was damned.


I believe in a literal, burning hell where the damned will eternally suffer for their sin (Matt 25:41-46;  Mark 9:43-48;  Luke 16:19-26;  2 Thess. 1:7-9;  Jude 6-7; Rev. 20:11-15)


I believe in a literal, physical place called Heaven where God resides with an innumerable company of Cherubim, Living Creatures, Angels, and the redeemed of God (Luke: 23:43;  2 Cor 5:8;  Phil 1:23;  I Thess. 4:16-17;  Rev 20:4-6). 

  
I believe that segregation of children from their parents, be it secular (public schools & programs) or religious (church programs, youth groups and youth “missions”) violates scripture and thwarts the family unit.

I believe that the education of children falls squarely on the shoulders of the parents and the most natural, beneficial and healthy environment for a child's education is derived at home. (Deut 6:5-8; Deut 11:18-20; Psa 1:1-2; Pr 6:20-23)

I believe that the true believer’s life is marked by charity. (1 Cor 13)

I  believe well done is better than well said.
I love using natural health alternatives to modern medicine.

I believe anyone who routinely solicits others to believe them only do so because they cannot always be believed.  (Ex: "I promise! You've got to believe me!  I swear!" etc.  Matt 5:37)

I am profoundly grateful for my husband, children and home which guides my behavior, my habits, my housekeeping and how I spend my time.

I believe nothing reduces anxiety or depression faster than prayer and action.

I admire people who are well spoken and use proper American English. Invented words (like "ginormous") are, to me, a sad reminder of the educational downfall of this country. 







We have no tv service, but sometimes watch a dvd. My guilty pleasures are 50's American family sitcoms and similar b/w movies. I delight to hear the coherent English they spoke (most of the time) and seeing the family unit when it was still common to eat together and wear dresses and ties. Just love that. :)  (Minus the fact that they sent their kids off to public shcool.) The early seasons of the Donna Reed Show and I Love Lucy are my "Calgon".


My favorite home décor styles are - big surprise - from the 50’s.  My décor prerequisites are FFF – frugal, functional and fabulous. :)

I enjoy cooking and love to “wow” my family with one-of-kind meals and desserts.

I have been brought into 21st century technology "kicking and screaming". I'm an old fashioned girl.
I intensely dislike the "facebook and texting" age we are in (won't do it!).
I believe that emails are not appropriate substitutions for a phone call when it comes to invitations or birthday and Christmas greetings.

I got eye glasses (very low prescription) a year ago and I miss being able to see well from a distance.
I have been chastened and trained by my heavenly father (confirming to me I am His) which causes me to grow deeper in my faith in and love for Him.

I often marvel at all that God deems me capable of.

I believe we mustn’t question why sorrows come to us unless we are also willing to do so for every moment of happiness. When trials come, God has literally taught me to say, "It is well with my soul" and "not my will but thine be done" even when done through agonizing tears.  The Lord is good and his mercies endure forever!

I have known the unspeakable sorrow of seeing all of my children hospitalized at different times and known the depths of despair when the shadow of death hovered over one of them as I rode with them to the hospital in an ambulance.

I have survived slander, rejection, gossip and lies based on the ignorance and jealousy of one person.  

I believe that there are times when silence has the loudest voice.

My parents were travelling musicians for the first three years of my life which is probably why I have travelling in my blood. I love a good road trip!

Growing up, my family performed musically together in churches periodically.

I have lived in six of the 50 states and traveled through or visited over 30.

I believe family pets belong and are happiest outside. I made a sacrificial exception (for our children) with our indoor-only, white fluffy furball cat named Dublin. He’s a pretty clean little fella.

I adore children and would protect and keep each and every one safe from harm if I could physically and financially do so.

I can’t think straight in messy surroundings. This is a motivating factor for me in keeping my home organized, clean and lovely.

I am very frugal and really enjoy good bargains.

I love antiques.

I love to sing and I play a little bit of guitar and piano.

I love to laugh.

I love being feminine and lady-like but also am capable of very hard work.
So there's a little more about me - I hope you enjoyed the glimpse! :)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Modesty Doesn't Mean Frumpy

How to Get Rid of Anxiety

Dealing With Stress God's Way