More Than My Necessary Food

Job 23:12 Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.

I was thinking today about how easy it can be to "forget" to read the precious words of God.  Job tells us that he esteemed them more than his necessary daily nourishment.

Can you imagine going days without breakfast lunch and dinner  -  regularly?  Yet this is what is like spiritually for us when we go days without reading our Bible, "the words of his mouth".
Even just a few verses to meditate on throughout my housework is helpful and nourishing to my spirit. But I would like to get into the habit of making it my daily nourishment. 

I'm so thankful that I have God's Word to read anytime I wish. When I think of the many people in this world who don't have the same privilege it makes me cherish it all the more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Modesty Doesn't Mean Frumpy

How to Get Rid of Anxiety

Dealing With Stress God's Way