Salt Is Good


In Mark 9:50 Jesus said,
Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his saltness, wherewith will ye season it? Have salt in yourselves, and have peace one with another.

Modern research says that salt is bad but Jesus says "salt is good."  Who do you believe?  If we're talking about pure sodium chloride (table salt), then the I’d have to side with modern research because that stuff can kill you.

But Jesus was not speaking of the sodium chloride that Morton manufactures. He was referencing sea salt which is evaporated seawater loaded with good-for-you trace minerals. The highest nutrient content comes from gray Celtic sea salt - its unique nutritional makeup make it a superstar and a must have for every kitchen.

Course or Fine Ground
Celtic salt comes in fine ground and course.  The course ground is less expensive and can be ground fine easily if you have a cutting board and a rolling pin. Place a handful of salt on the board, and roll over it with the rolling pin until it's a fine grind.  I then scoop it with my scraper and put in a salt crock that I keep by the stove and in a shaker for the table.

Table Salt
Generic table salt is mined from underground salt deposits and contains no trace minerals. But Celtic sea salt is whole, unprocessed salt from mineral-rich coastal regions of France making it superior to all other salts. Nearly 80 essential and trace minerals have been identified in Celtic salt crystals. Our bodies need these micro nutrients for healthy immune systems, nutrition absorption, detoxification, healthy digestion and more.

Preventing Trace-Mineral Deficiencies

Many illnesses are linked to trace-mineral deficiencies that the liberal use of Celtic Sea Salt can help correct. It’s best to avoid table salt whenever possible. The American Heart Association warns that high sodium chloride intake is one of the risk factors that contribute towards high blood pressure (hypertension), which substantially increases the risk of developing heart disease or stroke.

Sea Salt Has A Lower Sodium Chloride Content

Real sea salt should look dirty. So the bright white stuff is not what you're looking for. The specific region where Celtic sea salt is harvested has a higher percentage of mineral-dense natural brine, or sea water, than other bodies of water. So this naturally lowers the sodium chloride content. Using Celtic Sea Salt as opposed to other varieties of salt can really help us reduce our daily total sodium chloride intake. 

Experts recommend eliminating all other salt from the diet, but if I did that I think my family would freak out. ;) So I try to purchase the best food I can afford, but I still buy a few things that have regular salt in them tortilla chips and crackers.  We just limit our intake of these foods.  This is one time where I am counting on the good outweighing the bad.

Healthy Flavor Enhancer

The frosting on the whole Celtic Sea Salt cake is that it is delicious. I had no idea that salt actually tasted good until I began using it in my kitchen for all of our salt needs. I mean, this stuff makes food taste yummier than I'd ever have guessed. It really enhances the flavor of vegetables, which makes getting the recommended servings more appealing.

Diminishes Swelling
I noticed that the swollen look on my ankles disappeared when I started using Celtic Sea Salt. I have thin ankles now!  I feel like I’m less bloated in general as well. I’m so glad I found out about this salt. Just one of the many things I have discovered that my mother didn’t tell me or maybe never knew. 
Pass It On
Can you imagine the health impact this will have on future generations if we begin passing on vital information like this? I'm disinclined to think of our ancestors throughout history "inferior" to us modern folks in any way. They had knowledge far superior to us in terms of natural healing and common sense. They make our generation look like Dumb and Dumber! 
Now that we know this essential knowledge, it can be passed on to our own children and our children's children for generations to come.  So...what are you waiting for? Go getcha some Celtic sea salt! :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Modesty Doesn't Mean Frumpy

How to Get Rid of Anxiety

Why I Never Use Profanity