Kid Chores

 
It's really important to give children chores and responsibilities to balance out the workload in the home they live in.  The chores we give them help them not only learn responsibility, but help prepare them to take care of a home of their own one day.


My children are responsible for the care and keeping of our pet cat.  They also help with the dishes, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming and keeping their bedroom and bathroom clean.  In snowy weather, they shovel the walk of our home and our elderly neighbor's home.  In warm weather, they mow the lawn and weed the garden beds.


When we can afford to, we reward them monetarily for their efforts, especially when their attitudes are good. :)  If their attitudes need improvement, additional work usually takes care of that. 


What kinds of chores do you give your children? Please share. :)

Comments

Mrs. O. said…
Hello, I am happy to have found you again--did you change your blog address? I thought you were gone. I saw a comment on Candy's joyfulchristianhomeking blog, which I also enjoy.
I'm glad you found me, too! :) Yes, the address has changed, but not the blog. I'm still here :)

Popular posts from this blog

Modesty Doesn't Mean Frumpy

How to Get Rid of Anxiety

Purging and Surging