So Much Ter Be Done

I have been too busy to blog much lately. There have been so many different areas that need my attention and concentration — and that is life. :)

I am enjoying the life that God has given me - whether things are going great or poorly. I'm alive and that is worth rejoicing about. I hope you, my cyber friends, are enjoying the life that God has given to you.

We must be careful not to put our wants, likes, and desires as our main focus. We'll always see areas of our life that don't match some or all of our desires and dreams. The world promotes the idea of living for your dreams, shooting for your dreams, you should be happy, you deserve the best, etc., etc., etc. And there's nothing wrong with having goals and plans and pray God will bless us. But the treasure of my heart is not here on earth and never will be.  It's with the Lord:
Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. Matthew 6:19-21
But godliness with contentment is great gain. 1 Timothy 6:6
If you have someone who loves you, you are blessed abundantly. If you have food, clothing and shelter, you are quite rich. If you have the Lord living within you, you are heir with Christ! That is where my treasure is - it is with Christ. What we do, let us do it for him.

Do those dishes, make that bed and fix that dinner in gratitude. Thanking God for your life and for the people he's put in it. You're not 6 feet under. We're here and our value is in how we are useful to God. We're useful to God when we are useful to others. :)

The Lord showed us by example that we are to serve one another when he wrapped himself in a servant's cloth and washed the feet of his disciples. A lowly servant's task.

Walking in the light, abiding in Christ means treating others around us with love and patience and kindness and going that extra inch or mile. It's what we're called to do and we do it for the Lord.

If you are weary of life, or tired of the mundane, get alone with the Lord and let him fill your cup.

But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. Philippians 3:7-8

Have a blessed day in Christ!

Comments

Courtney said…
"If you have someone who loves you, you are blessed. If you have food, clothing, shelter, you are rich. If you have the Lord living inside you, you are an heir with Christ." I have all these things. Thanks for the reminder today. :):):)
Unknown said…
I'm new to your blog. I have really enjoyed it. Yes... We are so blessed. I'm thankful God provides my needs.
Kim in TN
DeNiece Barnes said…
I understand the blogging break. I had to take one myself because life become busy. But with that been said I really do miss your post. You are such an inspiration to all women. Thanks for the encouragement that I get when I read your blog posts. Pray everything and everyone is well. God bless

Popular posts from this blog

Modesty Doesn't Mean Frumpy

How to Get Rid of Anxiety

Purging and Surging