Holiday Happenings

Hi to all of my sisters in Christ! I can hardly believe Christmas is near. My family and I had a very nice Thanksgiving and I hope yours was blessed, too. We have so much to be thankful for! Whether in plenty or in poverty, the Lord provides for his own. I love this wonderful bible verse:
I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. He is ever merciful, and lendeth; and his seed is blessed. Psalm 37:25
Since we have no extended family near where we live, some good friends of ours invited us to spend Thanksgiving day with them. They provided a delicious turkey, dressing and potatoes we brought green bean casserole, 3 pies, and some JalapeƱo poppers (for later in the day). After our meal, we watched a little football and then played some games until everyone got hungry again and then warmed up some leftovers for a little dinner. We had such a nice day with our friends and thanked the Lord for bringing them into our lives.

We got to see the real Nutcracker Ballet performance for FREE again this year. What a spectacular show it is! Last year was our very first time seeing it and we were so excited when it was offered to our homeschool group again this year. It was a matinee performance. My husband was able to shift his work schedule so he could go with us, but my oldest son was scheduled to work that day and couldn't get the time off. We missed being with him so much but were so proud of the way he handled his responsibility.  He's becoming a man! And a good man at that.

We have a couple of Christmas parties to attend and some more shopping to do. God has been so good to us. Our bills are paid, my husband's been working steadily and no one in our family has had a single cold yet this season! Praising God!!

I hope you're having a blessed Christmas season and finding just the right thing for those on your Christmas list. I'm so thankful for Jesus coming to be born into our world to save us. Thank you, Lord! He is so worthy to be praised.

As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him. — 2 Samuel 22:31

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Modesty Doesn't Mean Frumpy

How to Get Rid of Anxiety

Purging and Surging