The Kindness of God

Have you ever noticed the gentle ways that God causes us to wake up each morning? First, the sun begins to rise ever so slowly. (Actually, it's the earth's rotation that makes the sun appear to rise. But, a rose of any color...).

Anyway, the sun begins ever-so-subtly to absorb the darkness around us. Unless you sleep with blackout curtains, your eyelids perceive the light and it begins to
penetrate the sleep center in the brain as if to say, "Good morning sleepy head". :-)

If you sleep with your bedroom window cracked open a bit, you'll hear the birds begin to sing their songs and chirp their praise to God. Did you know that animals worship and praise God? I am pretty sure they do. Bird sounds are amazing in and of themselves. They are just sharp enough to alert us but gentle enough not to startle us. The sun casts a golden yellow across the land. The color yellow impacts our brain and emotions. You can read more about it here. (Note that the website I linked to does not appear to be Christian and may contain some secular concepts. But I thought it was a fascinating evaluation of the color yellow!)

The birds, the sun, the colors and sounds... all are deliberate planning on God's part. And it is amazing.



So as my eyes peeked open this morning to the early sun rising and the birds cheerfully chirping, I began to wake up. In my hazy condition, I smiled and pondered the vast thoughts of God toward us. And the enormity of thoughts that must have gone into something as simple as how he could best wake up sleeping humanity. How intimately God knows our frames and how we tick! How kind he is to devise such a lovely wake-up system for us.

Thankful thoughts toward God began flowing out of me for giving us the best alarm clock ever - the golden sunrise and softly singing of birds. God provided an absolutely perfect way for us to go from sleeping to wakefulness.

Man's alarm clocks on the other hand...not so much. I have an alarm clock that starts off with a low volume beeping and as it continues it gets louder and louder and LOUDER until I am finally jolted from blissful sleep and searching for the off button. Or the snooze button because alarms always make me feel grumpy. This morning I had to wake up at 5:30 to drive my son to work. But just a few minutes before the alarm was to go off, the birds outside my window were tweeting their little hearts out. My eyes peeped a little letting in the gentle rays of the newly rising sun.

I reached to shut off my alarm clock, thankful that I did not have to hear it's annoying and grumpifying wake-up call... beep-beep, beep-beep, beep-beep, BEEP-BEEP, B-B-BEEP! :)

As I lay in bed and pondered the non-grumpy, gentle way that God had just woken me up, I whispered thank you to him. Since the beginning of time, God has been waking up the people he created in the most delightful and perfect way. I wonder how many have thanked him for it? He could have made the bird scary-sounding like an elephant blaring his trumpet or an orangutan screeching. But he didn't. No, he made birds sing in just the right volume, tone, pitch and sound. He could have made the morning go from dark to light in a second, blaring a bright noonday light in our eyes. But he didn't. He orchestrated it's light to seep gently upon us. Dawn. Beautiful.

There are so many amazing things our Creator has done in astounding kindness toward us.  Just for us.

I hope you'll take time today and try to find something he's done that you've never really noticed before. And I hope it will cause you to draw closer to the Lord in a whole new way.

James 1:17 - Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

Comments

Alyson said…
I LOVE this! I'm not the best early morning person, but I am always so thankful when I'm able to wake up with the God's gorgeous golden sun! Thanks for the reminder :)

Popular posts from this blog

Modesty Doesn't Mean Frumpy

How to Get Rid of Anxiety

Purging and Surging