Crescent Chicken Dinner

I tried this yummy recipe from www.comfyinthekitchen.com the other night and my family liked it.  It would probably make a good meal to take to someone since it's an "oven dish."  I served it with garlic parmesan broccoli with brownies for dessert. Yes, we like brownies over here! :)



If you would like to make this dish, here's the recipe!

Crescent Chicken

Preheat oven to 350F
1 8 count package refrigerator crescent rolls
2 cups chopped chicken
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup (I made homemade)
1 can of milk (using soup can)
Prepare soup using milk and set aside. Separate crescent rolls. Spoon chicken and cheese onto each crescent; roll up and seal to enclose filling. Place in a 9x13 baking dish. Pour soup over rolls. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.



This is a good one to make a recipe card for and keep for those times when you need a quick meal for your family or to take and bless someone with. I didn't serve it with mashed potatoes like Janelle does because the crescent rolls are already enough starch, so I chose broccoli.  This would be good with a green salad as well.

I think it would be better with homemade crescent rolls but they are very labor intensive.

If you have made this dish or decide to try it, I'd love to hear what you thought of it.








Comments

DeNieceBarnes said…
I made this recipe when I first saw it on womenlivingwell.com. Courtney has had Janelle from comfyinthekitchen.com on her blog with many wonderful recipes. My family liked it very much we made it one night my daughters and I. My husband said it was really tasty and asked could I put it in our monthly menu . I also made it for one of our ladies at church to take to her house because she had had a baby and her and her family really enjoyed it.
Thanks for sharing, DeNiece. My husband asked me to put it on my meal rotation list, too!
Anonymous said…
Just thought I'd tell you that I made this tonight and everyone loved it. Even my 4 year old, who never likes anything I cook, gobbled this up and asked for more!
Thanks for the inspiration:-)
-Courtney
Hi Courtney! I'm glad your family liked it! It's kind of like a casserole version of chicken and dumplings, isn't it? It's a handy recipe to have for sure!
DeNiece Barnes said…
Missing your encouraging post dear sister in Christ.I pray that the family is well.Have a wonderful rest of the week and weekend.
Thank you DeNiece, you're so sweet! I hope you and your family are well, too. I have been soooo busy lately! But you're encouraging me to take a minute to blog. Hopefull I'll get a little time to blog tonight!

Popular posts from this blog

Modesty Doesn't Mean Frumpy

How to Get Rid of Anxiety

Purging and Surging