How I Make Homemade Pancake Syrup

The price of real maple syrup is out of my budget range, and I don't like the ingredients in store bought imitation syrups, so I make my own at home.  It's not hard to do and only takes a few minutes and some pretty simple ingredients.


Ingredients:
1 and 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 and 1/2 cups water
3/4 cups light corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extracrt
1 teaspoon maple flavoring (optional but good)


Directions:
In a saucepan, combine the sugars, water and corn syrup; bring to a boil over medium heat.  Boil for 7 minutes or until sightly thickened.  Remove from the heat; stir in maple flavoring and vanilla.  Cool for 15 minutes.  Serve over pancakes, waffles or French toast. This recipe makes about 3 cups. Store in the refrigerator. Keeps for weeks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Modesty Doesn't Mean Frumpy

How to Get Rid of Anxiety

Purging and Surging