Today's Happenings

Today on a last minute decision my oldest son went with my husband to work to help him put in some base molding for a client. He's such a big help and learning so much about the trade of carpentry.

So it's just me and my younger son today and I think instead of our normal school day, we'll spend the day catching up on some different things.  Like preparing for "World's Fair" coming up this Saturday.  That's where families in our homeschool do a presentation table on a country of their choice and also bring a dish from that country to share. 

I think I'll also use our time together to focus on a few areas with my younger son that have been needing some one on one attention like spelling, penmanship, sentence structure, etc.  My children are such joy to spend time with. They also enjoy these "just you and me" days around our house. I'm thankful for every day I get to spend with them for they will be grown and gone before too long. :)

My younger son is my little 'mountain man' and language studies and writing just don't come naturally to him.  But he does really well when I sit with him and patiently show him how to do it right. I think he just needs a bit more 'hand holding' in general when it comes to written work than his big brother did. 

It makes me sad to think of all the children with similar struggles in public school. They don't have their mom to patiently teach them at home. The differences between public schooled children versus homeschooled children reminds me of the differences between test-tube babies and babies who grow in the womb.

I thank God that we are free in this country to educate our own children at home!  (Please pray for that right to continue and support www.parentalrights.org!)

Let's see what else...oh, I also plan to overhaul my kitchen pantry today because it's bulging at the seams! Time to get those boxes and canned goods in order! :) 

Then later this afternoon, we'll make a trip to Sprouts farmer's market for some Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar. Today's the day to go because the weekly sales overlap on Wednesdays. I always forget to go on a weds, but today I remembered! :)  

And then dinner tonight will be roasted chicken and vegetables with rice pilaf. I always add turmeric to my rice. It gives it a beautiful color plus turmeric it's a super-herb! I love turmeric. :)

Well there is a snippet of what's going on at my house today.  I hope you all have a blessed day in the Lord today.

It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High.  - Psalms 92:1 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Modesty Doesn't Mean Frumpy

How to Get Rid of Anxiety

Purging and Surging