Move & Sweat

This week I got back into the habit of exercising each day and I am feeling better. Exercise is good medicine. :-)

I wrote out my fitness goals today and how to achieve them. Creating a calorie deficit each and every day through diet and exercise will result in weight loss.

So a deficit of 1,000 calories per day (burning off 300-500 in exercise, reducing calorie intake by 500-700 per day) will result in a 2 pound weight loss per week. I'm focusing this week on just getting some exercise each day. So far, I have made time to workout each morning for 45-60 minutes. I've "walked" the equivalent of approximately 13 miles so far and plan to walk another 3 tomorrow.

I love the Leslie Sansone videos. She makes them fun, gives great motivation and encouragement throughout and they are not wimpy workouts. I'm always sweating good by the end.

I also like The Firm workout videos. Their aerobic routines are a too little complicated for my taste, but the overall workout is very, very effective. They incorporate several sets of strength training all the major parts of the body and do little stretches throughout the workout which is nice.

One thing I learned this year is that when you sweat, you lose minerals. So supplementing with vitamins and minerals is super important when you begin a fitness regime.  I'm taking Youngevity's Mighty 90 liquid vitamin/mineral supplements and they are awesome.

Another goal is to begin increasing my fruit and veg intake each day.  Adding just a cup or two of a vegetable to lunch and dinner dramatically affects weight loss. It fills you up and provides good fiber (helps with bowel regularity and cleansing).

Losing weight is often like trying to knock over a Coke machine. It's rare you'll knock it down in one push. You have to rock it back and forth a few times and then it goes over.  I've tried a few times in the past to lose my extra weight and got discouraged and stopped trying.

This time, I'm quite determined to succeed. I'm also relying on the Lord this time and acknowledging him in all my ways. That includes my fitness goals.

A couple of my girlfriends are on the same journey so we are helping one another with support and accountability. We're trying to come up with a penalty/reward system but haven't really had any good ideas yet. If you have any suggestions, please leave a comment below!

Chime in! Do you workout with exercise videos? Which are your favorites?

Comments

Tricia said…
I started a new lifestyle on May 27, 2014! It's a book called Trim Healthy Mama. I have lost weight--exactly 53.8 pounds!! I just started walking 2 miles every other day about 2 weeks ago. This program is SO easy-- I have NOT cheated once in the 5 months I have been on it. There's NO desire to. I'm NOT hungry, my energy is through the roof and I feel SO much better! I encourage you to check it out! There is a Facebook page for a ton of support (I'm only on FB for that)and a ton of recipes on Pinterest! I probably sound like an infomercial, but this is working for me! It is very healthy and something the whole family can benefit from! By the way, both authors are Saved Christians!
Hey Tricia congrats on your success! Actually, I'm very familiar with the authors and their book. I considered going that route but decided it was not for me. I just can't do fad diets. I need freedom! lol.

I'm having success the old fashioned way by just reducing calories (easy to do w/ my iPhone app) and daily exercise (sweating hard!). :-) My midsection is already smaller and it's only been a week. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Modesty Doesn't Mean Frumpy

How to Get Rid of Anxiety

Purging and Surging