Close Call with a Tornado

This is what we saw when we looked in our back yard last night after tornado hearing sirens.  Our county alerts the communtiy with these eery sounding sirens when ominous, churning storm clouds hover threateningly close to the ground. 






I have never been so close to such a sight - we could see the clouds swirling around and around less than a mile from our home.  I found myself feeling just a little panicky a few times. It was pretty scary for a few minutes as we waited and watched.  Then, praise God, the clouds began to pass over us further east and the churning and swirling began to dissipate.  Whew!


I'm thankful we have a basement to run to if we needed to, but I'm so glad we didn't need to! :)

When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. Isaiah 43:2


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Modesty Doesn't Mean Frumpy

How to Get Rid of Anxiety

Purging and Surging