Picnic Menu

The heat wave hitting the mid to south west this week is hard to take with no central air conditioning. Last night I literally just dripped with perspiration no matter what I did.


Today I'm taking the kids to the nearby lake and we're packing a picnic so we can stay most of the day.
My picnic menu today is easy to prepare, but very tasty and good. We'll be having turkey wraps, carrot sticks, homemade cherry pie and iced tea.


Here's the recipe for the turkey wraps:
mix together 8 oz cream cheese, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 teaspoon dried basil, 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/4 teaspoon onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon dill weed and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder.  Other ingredients needed are 1/4 onion (minced), 10 slices deli turkey and shredded lettuce.


Warm 10 flour tortillas and spread the mixture evenly over the tortillas.  Sprinkle the 1/4 cup finely minced onion and shredded lettuce on each tortilla and add one slice deli turkey breast. Roll up tightly jelly-roll style. If I had any, I'd add some sliced avocado to these as well. Yum!




              

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Modesty Doesn't Mean Frumpy

How to Get Rid of Anxiety

Purging and Surging