Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day! I feel so blessed to be a mother. Being a mother has had the most profound impact on my life than anything else. It's my best accomplishment and my most precious investment. God has graciously given me 3 children on earth and two in heaven. 

When I was growing up, my mom was on the unstable side and she failed to give the wisdom, love and knowledge that a mom should give. She tried and I have many happy memories as a kid. But there was a lot that, looking back, I think could have been so much better, had she been more considerate of me than herself. As a result, by the time I was a teenager, I never wanted to become a mother. I was going to be a successful business woman in New York City. But God had other plans and wow, am I glad he did!  :)  

Even so, I have had to combat many insecurities from not having a good role model in my own mom.  On my toughest days as a mother, I have cried to the Lord and said, "See? I told you I wouldn't be a very good mom!" Ahh, hormones. :) It's a good thing the Lord is patient when I've conversed with him like that. 

And it's a good thing he gave me such a good husband who has given me genuine reassurance from time to time that I'm not just a good mom, but a great mom. That is always a wow to me.  And very humbling.  It's a privilege to hear my kids 'rise and call me blessed'. I cry every time! :-)

Being a wife and mother has been the most wonderful thing that's ever happened to me, for sure. 

Anyway, my husband told me a few days ago that he's taking me to this little Japanese restaurant today (our favorite) for lunch for some yummy Tokyo Sesame Chicken! I love him so much. He's so good and kind to me and such a good dad to our children. I am blessed! 

Happy Mother's Day to you all!


Comments

Jessica K said…
Happy Mother's Day! I'm so glad your blog is back.

Popular posts from this blog

Modesty Doesn't Mean Frumpy

How to Get Rid of Anxiety

Purging and Surging