Fifteen Reasons To Homeschool Through High School
- You get to see the completion of your efforts. You would lose all your home discipling efforts if you turn over your children to others.
- You can customize your children's education to provide motivation for their gifts and abilities. No one else will be able to provide the consistent and loving support that you can in weak areas.
- They can do college level curriculum in high school which counts toward toward college credits.
- You can continue the family building process. The adolescent years continue to be impressionable and formative. This is an invaluable time to cement family relationships.
- You can be sure that they are learning when they are at home. Studies have revealed that government high school students average only 2 hours and 13 minutes of academic work a week.
- You can continue to have influence over their peer relationships. Teen rebellion is not "normal" but is actually the humanist agenda for the public schools.
- You can protect them form pressure to conform to what the other kids are doing. This pressure is so strong in the pubic high schools. You won't need to spend time deprogramming.
- Your kids would be thrown to the wolves. Public school kids are preoccupied with things like boy/girl preoccupation, focus on clothes and pressure to conform in appearances and music.
- Vast amounts of time separated from the family will ruin their relationship with you. We have all put great amounts of our heart and time into our homeschooling years and we want those efforts preserved.
- Homeschool is the best preparation for life and only the secular government agenda would attempt to "normalize" turning your children over into the hands of strangers.
- There is greater flexibility for work/study opportunities.
- The institutional method of government schools is designed around "crowd control" not learning. If and when they learn it would be a by-product of other priorities to maintain classroom order.
- Home educators have the best available curriculum and greater selection. Government/public schools offer revisionist history and science that promotes their humanist perspective. The godly commitment of many great Americans has been deleted from government school text books.
- Age/grade isolation or segregation inhibits socialization. Government school children are behind their homeschool counterparts in maturity, socialization, and vocabulary development, as demonstrated by available research.
- A child's education is to be all day, every day, not just a few hours at "school". Duet 6:7 And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
1 Now these are the commandments, the statutes, and the judgments, which the LORD your God commanded to teach you, that ye might do them in the land whither ye go to possess it:
2 That thou mightest fear the LORD thy God, to keep all his statutes and his commandments, which I command thee, thou, and thy son, and thy son's son, all the days of thy life; and that thy days may be prolonged.
3 Hear therefore, O Israel, and observe to do it; that it may be well with thee, and that ye may increase mightily, as the LORD God of thy fathers hath promised thee, in the land that floweth with milk and honey.
4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
6 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
7 And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children
And God promises great success!
Jos 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.